Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Abraxas Dragon

Annyeonghaseyo!

 Today is my specified Craft/Paint day. On certain days while my son is napping i like to have things to do, otherwise i will simply sit at the computer and play video games like the nerd i am. =)
  I have so very many craft projects lined up that this will never end i'm sure. My current project is for my son's birthday in June. For his first birthday we wanted to celebrate it in a korean style but that has been thrown aside as we are trying to save money for moving in August. So I decided we would do just pictures and a dolgabi plus some korean clothes. Not the whole traditional dol-bok but parts of it. One piece i can't wait to come in is his belt that was $63. Crazy right?! Well I'll explain and post pictures of his stuff from South Korea when it comes it. I love it though!!!

So my project that i'm working on is a background drop for some of the pictures. I could be super simple and just buy props (which i will still do) but i also wanted to make something to keep.

 This is a baby water dragon in honor of him being born as such to the chinese zodiac.



It'll be on an off white mulsin fabric with my son's name above it. Abraxas is my son's name. I guess i should go into that one now lol. Well Abraxas is an old Greek/Gnostic word of a God. To be more specific "Abraxas a God higher than the Christian God and Devil, that combines all opposites into one Being". Since i haven't talked about my beliefs i should explain even more.

 Some name their children after people in the bible, it was the way things were for many years around the white race of the United States. I named my son after a being above good and evil. My son is also a gemini, while i'm not very big into astrology, eastern or western, i believe in energy strengths in combinations. By naming him Abraxas I've given him a strong energy that is reinforced when the name is recognized as well. I maybe one of the only people to recognize it like that, some may actually know is as a demon's name or a precusor to Abra Ca Da Bra. I give him strength to be balanced and be blessed with an honorable and hallowed name.

Had enough of that? Lol. There's always more to something where you look or not. That is just one reason for his name. Like i said i believe in the strength of energy when used in combinations. It's not spell work or anything it's merely using the energy that is natural and endless in correlations.

Well i have a lot of work to do on this cute little dragon before my little dragon wakes up, better get running!

Gamsahabnida!
A Non Asian Omma

No comments:

Post a Comment